Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rubric, Puzzle, Test-Maker

The online rubric creator seemed particularly handy. It is something that I would definitely consider using in the future, mainly because of the ease of its usage. Rubrics are particularly helpful in English classes for the grading of essays and writing in general. For a presentation I would likely not use a rubric, instead opting for a simpler checklist that can be marked as the student speaks. This is what I have seen instructors use in the past for oral presentations, and it seems the most efficient for grading such things.

The puzzle creator is a neat concept. It is not something I would have considered before completing the activity. However, I can see a number of uses for such a thing, as turning the acquisition of knowledge into something of a game can potentially aid in reducing boredom among students. Nothing to be used for major grades, obviously, but something fun to throw into class every now and again.

The online test maker wasn't too bad. Easy to use and set up. All options were self-explanatory and didn't require an elaborate understanding of the program. I will likely be using it, or another similar program, in the future to create tests for my classes.

Puzzle:

file:///C:/Users/Pyran/Desktop/Grad%20School/Romeo%20and%20Juliet%20Crossword.htm

Test:

http://www.easytestmaker.com/user/TestPrint.aspx?TestID=7eb2d881-b1c3-42ac-b461-175eef3dfe5f&TestVersion=1&AnswerKey=False&Preview=True

Rubric:

Unable to link because the website didn't save my rubric. It wil be sent again through email.

1 comment:

  1. Pyran,

    I enjoyed reading your reflection and am glad that you found those tools useful in your class. I would like to view your projects after reading your blog. But you forgot to link them. Let me know if you need help to link them.

    ReplyDelete