Sunday, April 11, 2010

Movie Assignment

The movie assignment's most notable benefit was that it made me learn how to operate Windows Movie Maker. This is a program that I have long neglected, mostly because I have never had much need to utilise it. I can see some uses for it in a classroom environment, including the way we used it in the assignment (i.e. something nice to show parents about their children's learning activities). However, I cannot see its use being anything more than a peripheral tool for an English classroom, as it could never replace lecture, reading, and discussion for learning how to read, analyse, and think about literary texts. Likewise, it is unsuitable for truly teaching an understanding of the construction of a literary essay.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that any technology we used so far won't replace classroom completely. However, it can be a very valuable supplement to classroom teaching. I would like to see your movie in this site. Where do I go if I want to send an email to your Group Listserv?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This assignment was very difficult for me. However, I can see how it would be a valuable supplement to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete